Since its founding in 1958, Baitella AG (Zurich) has been synonymous with quality manufacturing and product innovation which continues to the present day.
- 1958 – Carlo Baitella establishes his company as a contract manufacturer in the field of precision mechanical engineering and fabrication. It was through his experiences that the concept of a 2-arm linkage with 3 joints and central clamping unit was first conceived. This invention was revolutionary as until that time, no holding device existed that featured a central locking system which would tighten all three joints (proximal, central, and distal) simultaneously. From this basic principal, all subsequent developments flowed.
- 1972 – The development of the first articulated arms with central locking occurred for the holding of dial gauges for industrial and precision machining applications.
- 1973 – The first patent applications for the articulated arms are filed and granted.
- 1975 – In close cooperation with the University Hospital Zurich, the first application of the articulated arm concept is applied to the medical sector.
- 1980 – The overall product range is greatly expanded in order to address greater potential market segments.
- 1983 – The first ventilator tube holder is introduced.
- 1993 – The first sterilizable laparoscope holder is introduced.
- 1997 – First ISO certifications we granted which now includes IS0 13485.
- 2007 – present day FISSO logo and modern marketing branding is introduced.
- 2009 – The first patient arm positioner is introduced.
- 2016 – The quick release system is introduced.